
Our boat is still out of commission and I doubt we will buy the new motor this summer but we had fun on Jeff and Nancy's boat. We had to buy a lifejacket for Brayden since we didn't have one that small.
He looked so cute with his little head poking out of the jacket. I was a little nervous that he would hate the jacket and cry the whole time but instead he smiled and loved being out on the water, especially when went we over choppy water. In fact, when Jeff would slow down he would get frustrated and wanted to go fast again. I loved hearing all of his little laughs.
For dinner, we went out to Tad's, the only restaurant on the river where you can dock. We hadn't really thought that one through though seeing how it was Fourth of July weekend. It was quite the motley crue there and lots of smokers. Ugh. Since we were outside I figured it wasn't too bad but not ideal.
After dinner, it was getting colder out so we headed back to shore and Brayden slept the rest of the way. All in all our first boat ride as a family of three was a success.
On Sunday, we drove up to Wisconsin for a Fourth of July cookout at our friends' Mellisa and Jordan's new house. Our other friends, Chris, Nicole and Charlie were there, too. Lots of good food and conversation and Brayden loved getting attention :)
For the Fourth, we relaxed at home and grilled out before calling it a night. Shawn was worried that Brayden was too little for the loud fireworks so we stayed in like old people. I guess I will have to get my fireworks fix on my birthday when Shawn and I go on our dinner boat cruise on Lake Michigan.
He is so cute in his life jacket! That is so funny how you said you stayed in like old people!!! Life sure changes doesn't it! :)
ReplyDelete